Plumbing, Heating & Cooling
Our office is open Monday - Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Call 502-227-2213 for
24-hour Emergency Service
Our Family Serving Your Family for Over 100 Years.
- Late 1800s - Charles Whitehead started a plumbing business in the back of a grocery store in Frankfort. It was located on St. Clair Street near the present-day location of the new Franklin County Courthouse.
- 1930s - Charles Hancock went to work for Charles Whitehead.
- 1940s - Charles Hancock purchased the business from Charles Whitehead.
- Late 1950s - Whitehead Plumbing moved its offices to the old train depot on Broadway, directly across from the modern-day Thomas D. Clark Center for Kentucky History.
- 1959 - After Charles Hancock passed away, his wife, Dorothy Hancock, took over the business with help from a son, C.M. "Hank" Hancock.
- 1970 - The long-running business relocated again, this time to its current location at 417 W. Second St., directly across from the Second Street School.
- 1976 - Mike and Pat Hancock, twin sons of Charles Hancock, joined their brother Hank in the business.
- 1990 - Pat Hancock and his wife Susan became sole owners of the business.
- 1990s - Joe and Jeff Hancock, sons of Pat and Susan, started working for Whitehead-Hancock.
- 2009 - The father-son team of Pat and Joe Hancock assumed operation of the business together.
Copyright 2016, Whitehead-Hancock Plumbing, Heating & Cooling 417 W. Second Street Frankfort, Kentucky 40601 502-227-2213