Our family serving your family for over 100 years.
Late 1800s – Charles Whitehead started a plumbing business in the back of a grocery store in Frankfort. It was located on St. Clair Street near the present-day location of the new Franklin County Courthouse.
1930s – Charles Hancock went to work for Charles Whitehead.
1940s – Charles Hancock purchased the business from Charles Whitehead.
Late 1950s – Whitehead Plumbing moved its offices to the old train depot on Broadway, directly across from the modern-day Thomas D. Clark Center for Kentucky History.
1959 – After Charles Hancock passed away, his wife, Dorothy Hancock, took over the business with help from a son, C.M. “Hank” Hancock.
1970 – The long-running business relocated again, this time to its current location at 417 W. Second St., directly across from the Second Street School.
1976 – Mike and Pat Hancock, twin sons of Charles Hancock, joined their brother Hank in the business.
1990 – Pat Hancock and his wife Susan became sole owners of the business.
1990s – Joe and Jeff Hancock, sons of Pat and Susan, started working for Whitehead-Hancock.
2009 – The father-son team of Pat and Joe Hancock assumed operation of the business together.
Family members and employees on St. Claire Street, 1960.
The Hancock Family outside our current office, 1998.